Saturday, December 15, 2012

Accepting Poetry Book Club Suggestions for 2013

Dear Friends,

I would like to change the night and week of Poetry Book Club, and wanted to give you all a chance to give feedback. I would like to move it to MONDAY night and make it the second Monday of the month. This isn't perfect, I'm sure, but hopefully will help to avoid holidays. Second Monday: any feedback? Also, the start time will move up a half hour to 7pm. So 7-8:30pm.

As far as books for 2013, we talked about it at our last book club and agreed that recycling a few from months when we ended up not meeting would be great. Nevertheless, I've discovered only 4 of those from the past 2 years, so there's room for more. If you would like to nominate a book or two, please feel free to email me. I'm also thinking about Holaday mason's Dissolve because she emailed us a few years ago when we read another of her books and suggested this one. I am planning on starting with Heid Erdrich's National Monuments on Monday, January 14th, 7:00-8:30pm, if y'all don't protest unanimously about the change in the day of the week.

Please get back to me this week if you have any ideas!

All the Best,
Jean Larson

No comments: