Friday, March 19, 2010

Check out Kathleen Cassen Mickelson's blog: One Minnesota Writer

Name of your blog: One Minnesota Writer
Link to your blog: http://oneminnesotawriter.blogspot.com/
What your blog is about: I talk about writing, submitting, sharing, and the kindnesses that writers and other artists can offer each other. This is not a site for complaints about various editors or writing groups or the multitude of things that can make people upset. But, if you have a story about a kindness that helped you in your creative career, by all means, chime in. What blogs are really about, deep down, is community.
Your name (if you're not blogging anonymously): Kathleen Cassen Mickelson
Year you graduated from Hamline: MFA, creative nonfiction, 1998
When you started blogging: March 2010 (yup, brand new)
Why you blog: I started blogging as a result of my work as a reader, then an editor, at Every Day Poets, an online daily poetry journal. We went through a period where we got some really rude comments from readers who clearly did not write poetry themselves, and I began to ponder why people feel they can be so much ruder online than in person. I'd like to be a kinder presence on the blogosphere.
Who your intended audience is: Anyone interested in writing, making art, or the creative process. I post links to my blog weekly via Facebook, LinkedIn, mnartists.org, ning, and other places on the Internet as I discover them.
What blogs you like to read:  Some of my favorites are Brevity's Creative Nonfiction Blog, Poetic Asides with Robert Lee Brewer, Life on the Periphery, and New Pages Blog.
Advice to or question for bloggers: No advice - I'm too new. But please visit my blog and leave some comments. I'd love to hear from you. Thanks! 




No comments: